We are looking to hire an amazing Event & Sales Coordinator immediately! This is a full-time position, with an annual salary. The Events & Sales Coordinator will work from our studio in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
The position involves:
- Coordinating events, event logistics and production: calculate and manage budgets, book and manage staffing = freelancer and intern schedules, book transportation and deliveries, coordinate load-in and tear-down.
- Drafting multiple proposals per day for weddings and events (for high-profile clients).
- Creating presentations: color palettes, help source images for mood boards/inspiration decks.
- Assistance with ordering flowers, sourcing and calculating materials for events; help make cost effective decisions.
- Client communication: main liaison for all incoming inquiries, attend walk-throughs and consultations. Coordinate and participate actively in client meetings.
- Management assistance: assist creative director and owner with various types of inquiries.
- Administration: manage payments and invoices, answer email inquiries and phone calls, manage and coordinate all calendar entries.
- Keep studio organized and tidy, have all necessary supplies for day-to-day work.
- 1+ year's experience working in a floral studio as a studio manager/coordinator or similar AND/OR 1+ year's experience working as a wedding or event planner AND/OR 1+ year's experience working with event/design production.
- Proficiency in Mac computer programs + InDesign.
- Strong interest in floral design with an eye for color, compositions + conceptual thinking.
Please email an introduction about yourself, a copy of your resume, and why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include three pictures of floral arrangements/installations that inspire you somehow. Visual work samples are also highly encouraged (presentations, mood-boards, sketches, photography, etc) if available. Important: please use the subject line “Event & Sales coordinator". Salary will be based on experience.
We will only respond to applications that meet the above requirements, please no phone calls. Although the position is in a floral studio the role does not involve actual flower arranging. Also, we are not a flower shop but specialize in large scale events and installations.